Many music streaming apps for iPhones are available in the App Store, but not all are created equal. Some music streaming apps have free music, others have no ads, and some offer a way to stream music on your iPhone without WiFi. In this article, we will go over the 12 best music streaming apps for iPhone or, we can say, free music apps for iPhone, so you can find the best music apps, one that is perfect for you!
Apple Music is one of the music streaming apps available for the iPhone.Apple Music offers music streaming and music downloading as part of its service. The music streaming is free with ads, or you can remove ads with a paid membership. There are 50 million songs, playlists built by artists and DJs, and videos about music and musicians on Apple Music.
You can also access virtually any song on Apple Music by searching online and adding what you want to your library. iTunes Match automatically downloads copies of songs that aren’t already in your library, so there’s no need to manually upload your free music collection to iCloud.
The best thing about it is that it all comes together in a beautifully simple design, whether you’re playing it or discovering new free music. And with a single touch, you can share what free music you love with friends on social media.
Pros and cons of using Apple Music
Apple Music is a free music streaming service that offers an easy way to listen to music. It’s available on both your iPhone and iPad. Apple Music isn’t free, but other music streaming services are free, many of which are cross-platform compatible. Here are some pros and cons of using Apple Music
- Apple Music is a great way to discover new music and is available on all your devices.
- Stream new music effortlessly on your phone.
- Best-unlimited music library you can find.
- You can use Siri or AirPlay to play any song from your phone through speakers at home.
- You don’t have to pay for every song that you listen too
- pay a monthly subscription fee -can’t download music to listen offline.
- Harder music file navigation than other music streaming apps.
- The library of songs in Apple Music isn’t as extensive as Spotify, which makes it harder to find the song you want.
- You can’t listen without interruptions if you’re not connected to WiFi.
- The cost of an individual plan starts at $9/month and goes up depending on how many people are using it with you.
One music app that I always recommend to people is Spotify. It has been around for a while, and I’ve used it for years. Genre, artist, and mood can very well curate the music, so you’ll never have the music go silent when you’re in a certain mood or want to hear something specific.
The Spotify music streaming app for iPhone is a free music app that supports offline and online music playback. A music player provides access to music from your library, playlists, etc. In addition, this music streaming app also comes with other features such as lyrics tools, song word translations, etc.
The music is well-curated, and you can add music to the playlist. However, when I was using this music app on my iPhone, it often played the music I didn’t want to listen to. This is probably because its algorithm for picking music wasn’t very good at selecting songs based on what mood or genre a person wanted to hear.
- Access to millions of songs.
- Offline listening – listening to music without an internet connection.
- Create playlists and share them with friends.
- Customize your experience by creating a profile, following artists and curators, and searching for new content.
- Share what you’re listening to on Facebook or Twitter for social media bragging rights.
- Discover new artists through the “Discover” tab in the app.
Spotify has an ad-supported free tier, which means every once in a while, they’ll play commercials instead of ads from sponsors. Spotify is a monthly subscription service ranging from $9.99 to $19.99.
You have to keep your phone on all day for it to work correctly.
The app takes up space on your phone, which could be used for something more critical like photos of family members or old memories.
You might not get what you want because the algorithm chooses what it thinks will be best based on what you’ve listened to before (even though some people like variety!
Suppose someone else has a Spotify account and uses their login information while logged into your device. In that case, they’ll be able to see everything playing – even if that means hearing private conversations! This also applies when logging into another person’s account through their computer browser- ensure no one is around!
The music streaming service, Amazon Music, is one of the best music services for iPhone. The Music App is necessary if you enjoy music and have an Amazon Prime account. It offers listeners access to vast catalogs of songs from many genres with recommendations based on their past listening habits.
There are playlists for every occasion, such as “Books To Read” or dinner parties to suit all tastes! You can even find stations dedicated just like The Beatles’ genre by looking at ’80s-themed options too; it will give me something new each time I listen because chances are there’ll be some rare gem mixed into these selections.
Amazon Prime Music Unlimited is a streaming service that’s worth checking out. When you have Amazon Prime, the app comes free of charge and offers more than 10 million songs (five times as many for those without).
You can download or save songs onto your phone or tablet for offline use – perfect if you’re going on vacation! And with Alexa playing specific tunes through either an Echo Dot or a similar device at home, it’ll be like never having to miss out again because all your favorite artists are right there in front of us.
You can subscribe for $8-$15 per month or even less if you already have an Amazon Prime membership!
- Amazon Music is accessible on your phone.
- You can set up a playlist for any occasion, whether working out or cooking dinner.
- The app has various features that allow you to skip songs and create playlists.
- It’s easy to download music offline to listen without a data connection.
- No ads are interrupting your listening experience.
You have the option of downloading albums instead of individual songs, which saves space on your phone. The selection of songs available through Amazon Music isn’t as extensive as other streaming services.
Some ads play during some songs and interrupt what you’re listening to. When listening offline, there is a limit on how many times you can skip tracks before it stops working altogether.
TIDAL Music App
Life of Pablo is an exclusive release on Jay-Z’s music streaming service, TIDAL. The album has been plagued with controversy. Kanye West recently said that Apple would not distribute the new LP due to creative differences between himself and other prime members at his record label, including Universal Music Group (UMG).
This relatively new company makes its way through providing content for those looking into different types of media, such as Spotify vs. Soundcloud, etc., while also offering high-quality tracks in both formats ranging from $10 per month for lower grade audio up towards lossless audio CD-quality songs available only if you upgrade your account type.
The curated content is heavily focused on the hip hop/R&B/soul category, which makes it perfect as an addition to any playlist or radio station set up at home – especially since they have access to songs by artists like Beyoncé & Jay Z in their library.
For just $5 per month (or free trial). There’s also tier one with no ads so that you can listen without interruption; its only downside is lower resolution sound quality versus higher Tier streams due mainly because of bandwidth restrictions.
- TIDAL is a streaming service that offers high-quality music and videos.
- A monthly subscription to TIDAL starts at $9.99, but the more you pay, the higher quality your experience will be.
- You can choose from three subscription options – Basic, Premium, or HiFi.
- The Basic package includes over 25 million songs and 1,000 albums for listening without interruption on multiple devices with no ads.
- The Premium package has access to over 40 million songs and 2,000 albums, and offline downloads of your favorite tracks with no interruptions.
Finally, the HiFi option offers lossless audio quality that sounds as good as CDs for those who appreciate sound quality above anything else.
- TIDAL is a subscription-based service.
- It’s not available in all countries.
- Some users have reported that it can be unstable when streaming music from mobile devices.
- There are few live performances on the site and fewer in HD quality.
- The company has been accused of using pirated content to attract subscribers.
- TIDAL doesn’t offer a free trial period for new customers to test out the service before they commit to paying monthly fees.
Pandora is the best music discovery service on earth. It aggregates content based on the Music Genome Project’s attribute algorithm, so you may prefer personally crafted playlists by real people or radio-style streaming with unlimited skips for a Plus subscription fee.
With a subscription to Pandora Plus, you can create personalized stations with skip songs and listen offline. The premium tier focuses more on streaming music, while free ones have ads that play at all times and allow for downloads of any song in the library!
With Pandora, you can let an algorithm set your day’s tone so that finding something to listen to is done for you. There are three different subscriptions available- free with ads (Pandora), a $5 per month premium ($10/per month), or a family plan which includes all three at once and adds a soundtrack feature where certain music will play depending on who in the house has been listening more than others!
- Pandora is free.
- You can create your radio station or listen to one of their pre-made stations.
- When you like a song, it will start playing more songs that are similar to the one you liked.
- If you don’t like a song, skip it, and Pandora will play something else for you.
- You can make playlists with specific artists or types of music and save them for later listening.
- It’s easy and quick to use – open the app on your phone and hit “play.”
- Pandora’s pricing model is confusing and hard to understand.
- You can’t control the songs that play, which means you’ll be listening to a lot of music you don’t like.
- There are ads on Pandora, which might make it difficult for people to listen without interruption.
- The app doesn’t let you download or purchase music from what they’re playing (unless it’s an ad).
- It takes up a ton of data because all the songs are streaming online rather than downloaded onto your phone.
- Pandora doesn’t have as many stations as other apps, so there isn’t much variety in their library.
SoundCloud is a great way to discover new independent artists and listen to and connect with other music fans. It’s also the perfect platform for musicians looking to break away from traditional means like Apple Music or Spotify who want more control over their careers while still connecting directly with listeners worldwide through SoundClan apps available on desktop/tablet devices such as smartphones, tablets, etc.
You can follow your favorite bands & musical projects created by friends – adding tracks into favorites lists which they can see when browsing playlist listings too! Your followers may even receive notifications if you upload new content to their inboxes.
One of the best features of SoundCloud’s service includes is that it has two subscription plans – Go for $6 per month or Plus at $13. What is the difference between them? Over 180 million tracks on Plus versus 120 million with a little more dirt-road indie flavor!
- Soundcloud is a free service.
- It’s easy to use – upload your music and share it with friends, fans, and followers.
- You can set up an account for free or pay $4.99 monthly for additional features.
- Over 175 million tracks are on the site, so you’ll never run out of things to listen to!.
- You can also save your work in progress as drafts so you won’t have to worry about losing any unfinished projects.
- Artists like Jay Z, Rihanna, DJ Snake, Major Lazer, and Lil Wayne are using SoundCloud!
- The app is not always available.
- Soundcloud’s search function has a limited number of results.
- It can be difficult to find the perfect song or artist using SoundCloud.
- You cannot download your favorite songs from SoundCloud onto your phone for offline listening without paying for an account.
- If you stop paying, all your music will disappear, and there is no way to get it back.
- Some ads play before each song starts playing on the free version of the app.
Deezer is a streaming service with more than 53 million songs. It’s customized based on what you like and gets better the more I listen, which makes my playlist even stronger!
The best part? Sending tracks from the Deezer Message app-you can send lyrics for friends who don’t know all their favorite words in one go (or impress them).
I also noticed something interesting when looking at reviews: many people mentioned how much they loved gifting other users curated playlists or sharing excellent live performances with others via the Messages app along with new features.
- Deezer has an expansive library of music.
- You can listen to your favorite new release songs offline.
- You can explore new genres or follow artists without feeling like you’re wasting money on a song you don’t like.
- The app is free with ads, $10 per month for ad-free listening, and $14 monthly for premium sound quality.
- It’s easy to use – open the app, start listening, and explore more features!
- There are no limits on how many times you can skip songs or change playlists within an hour.
- Deezer has a monthly fee.
- You can’t download songs to your phone.
- There are ads on the app.
- Finding new artists or albums on Deezer without paying for a subscription is challenging.
- The streaming quality isn’t always reliable, especially if you have a low signal strength or a lousy internet connection.
YouTube Music & Google Play Music
In a world where music streaming services are becoming increasingly popular, Google has now released its version of these types. YouTube Red includes official albums from artists and playlists with thousands upon hours of content to enjoy! There are also live performances, music videos, or covers available on demand so that all your needs can be met at once
The ad-supported version of YouTube Music is free, but you can upgrade to Premium for $10 monthly. Background listening and offline downloading are features that come with the paid service too!
Google Play Music subscribers will already know that YouTube Red comes included with their subscription. As YouTube Red transitions to YouTube Music, Google Play’s Premium service will automatically be replaced by an all-new paid version of the streaming platform – but not before they allowed us to upload our personal music collections in 2019!
If you’re also a fan of YouTube’s original content, upgrade to Premium for an extra $2. It includes everything in Music plus all those great movies and TV shows!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do All Music Streaming Apps Offer Offline Listening?
Not all music streaming apps offer offline listening. However, most paid subscriptions like Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon Music, and TIDAL offer this feature.
Can I use these Music Streaming Apps on other Devices Besides my iPhone?
Most apps are available across multiple platforms, including Android, Windows, and Mac OS. You can also access them via web players on your computer.
Are all these Music Streaming Apps Free?
Not all of these apps are free. Some offer free versions with ads like Spotify and SoundCloud. In contrast, others require a monthly subscription, like Apple Music and TIDAL.
Can I create my Playlists on these Music Streaming Apps?
Yes, most music streaming apps allow you to create your playlists. You can also share these playlists with friends and discover new music through curated playlists.
Do these Music Streaming Apps also Offer Podcasts and Radio Stations?
Many apps like Spotify, Apple Music, and Pandora offer podcasts and radio stations.
Can I share my Favorite Songs or Playlists with my Friends on these Apps?
Most apps allow you to share your favorite songs or playlists with friends. Some even integrate with social media platforms for easy sharing.
We hope this article has helped you find the Music Streaming Apps for iPhone for your needs. Have any of these free music apps caught your eye? If not, we would love to hear what other features are important to you in a music streaming app! Comment below and explain why someone should download these free music apps.